The world of wellness has been taken over by CBD, and we just can’t get enough of it! A wide variety of products can be found in the market, all touting the wonders of CBD at work in the body. From body bars to gummy bears, from sleep tablets to sublingual oils – CBD can be found in an assortment of health and beauty products. With so many options available in the market, it is easy to get confused about what the right product for you, and what the different CBD components and ingredients are. In this article, Seabedee is going to shed some light on terpenes, which are oftentimes involved in a broad spectrum or full spectrum CBD oil.
TERPENES & CBD FAQ'S:
Terpenes are a group of “volatile unsaturated hydrocarbons” that are naturally occuring in the essential oils produced by plants. Terpenes and complex terpenes (known as terpenoids), are known to produce the earthy, herbal and floral notes that plants and plant-based products put off. For this reason, terpenes are often found in perfumes, household cleaners, and other fragrance products. As research on cannabis and hemp-based products continues to become more readily available, more focus has also been spent on the different organic compounds found in cannabis, including terpenes. Recent studies have found that terpenes are not only appealing aromatically, but also therapeutically.
When combined with other cannabis compounds, terpenes work to create the entourage effect in the body. The entourage effect is manifested by the working together of all the naturally-occuring compounds and cannabinoids found in full spectrum CBD products. For more information on the entourage effect and full spectrum CBD, check out Seabedee’s blog post, What CBD Is The Best: Full Spectrum CBD, Broad Spectrum CBD Or CBD Isolate?
A great deal of attention is paid to the cannabinoids found in CBD, such as CBN, THC, CBD and CBG. Terpenes are equally important in the mix, and we are here to tell you why.
Terpenes to CBD are like hops to a good ol’ pint of beer: They give the aromatic smell and flavor to the product. Below is a concise list of terpenes found in hemp-based CBD products that provide benefits to health and overall product quality.
TOP TERPENES TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR CBD PRODUCT:
- b-Caryophyllene: This terpene binds with the ECS CB2 receptor and is one of the more potent terpenes. It has substantial anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, can help with pain management, and also is known to aid anxiousness, seizures, and high cholesterol!
- a-Humulene: Humulene has been proven, through several studies, to be a powerful anti-inflammatory. It also is an effective analgesic and acts as an appetite suppressant.
- Linalool: This terpene is well-renowned for its aromatic and flavorful properties, however it is also has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and stress-relieving properties. This terpene is great for its calming effect, and is often paired with lavender in CBD products to promote a calming sensation.
- Limonene: There is limited research available on this terpene, however, when studied in vast quantities it appears to promote an elevated mood and stress release.
- Nerolidol: This terpene acts as an anti-cancer, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant agent. It is also said to produce sedative effects, and is an effective agent for fighting malaria and ulcers.
- Myrcene: The terpene myrcene is known to be effective at decreasing inflammation, fighting against cancer and managing pain. It is activated when paired with other cannabinoids, such as with CBG and THC.
- a-Pinene: This aromatic compound found in cannabis is effective at helping a wide range of ailments, especially when paired with other beneficial compounds found in the plant. When combined with CBN and CBD, a-Pinene works as an antibiotic against diseases like MRSA. Furthermore, alpha-pinene can also counteract THC’s psychoactive effects that may induce anxiety or short-term memory loss for some users.
- Terpinolene: This calm and collected terpene is known for its sedative properties, which work to promote relaxation, relieve anxiety and aid sleeplessness.
To buy a CBD product of your choice, head over to our shop now. We have 1500 mg of full spectrum CBD oil as well as different bundles that you might like.