Welcome to Part 2 of The ABC’s of CBD, brought to you by Seabedee! This second part of our CBD Glossary will go over all the must-know CBD words beginning with letters K-R.
Did you accidentally skip Part 1 of The ABC’s of CBD, letters A-J? No problem, just click on the link in the previous sentence to be redirected to the first part of the CBD glossary.
CBD Glossary Part 2: CBD Terminology, K-R Words:
- Keto: You’ve probably heard of the Keto Diet before, but have you heard of the ways that CBD may be beneficial to the ketogenic process? Research studies investigating the relationship between keto and CBD have shown that they both present similar health benefits and outcomes. This suggests that there is a powerful synergy between CBD and keto, meaning these two can be used in unison to aid inflammation and epilepsy, as well as increase energy and mental clarity.
- Lipid Soluble: CBD is lipid soluble, meaning that it dissolves in lipids, or fat, instead of water. Infusing CBD with a fatty sustance like MCT Oil (which is what Seabedee uses in all of our CBD Oil Products) allows the body to store it more effectively, thus increasing the bioavailability of the CBD oil.
- Medicinal Properties: CBD provides users with medicinal benefits, or health benefits, because CBD has natural medicinal properties. This is simply a way of saying that CBD may relieve certain symptoms of health conditions because of its properties. For example, CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties aid in body aches and pains.
- Non-psychoactive: Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning that it isn’t intoxicating and will not get you “high”. This is largely due to the fact that CBD merely interacts with the ECS receptors, CB1 and CB2, rather than bind to them like THC.
- Oils (CBD): CBD Oils are a popular form of CBD administration where CBD is combined with an oil-based substance to be ingested. Sometimes referred to as CBD tincture, this form of CBD is administered under the tongue to be absorbed most effectively, using a dropper tool for dosing and functionality.
- Opioid Addiction : Addiction to prescription pills is a huge problem for millions of Americans, and CBD just so happens to provide a plausible solution! Research studies show that CBD may reduce drug cravings and dependence.
- Phytocannabinoid: Phytocannabinoids are cannabinoids that are specific to plants (phyto=plant). Hemp has 113 known phytocannabinoids, including CBD, which work together to provide a variety of health benefits.
- Phytonutrients: Phytonutrients are found in plants including hemp, and they may help prevent disease and maintain proper body function. Some of the phytonutrients found in hemp include terpenes and flavonoids, which would be found in Full Spectrum CBD Products.
- Potency: Potency is the word used to describe how strong, or potent, a CBD product is. The strength of CBD matters because the higher the potency, the stronger the effect. It is important to know the potency of CBD so you can take the appropriate dose for your individual needs.
- Private Label CBD: Private Label CBD is one of the ways you can go about selling CBD or starting your own CBD business. Private label means that the CBD products produced and sold by a manufacturer are also sold to other companies and retailers so that they can sell the products too. This is similar to white labeling, but there is a key difference between the two: Private label CBD products are NOT generic and the product is NOT created for multiple companies/retailers to have the same thing of. Instead, private label means that the CBD product is collaboratively created between the manufacturer and the retailer/company, thus making the CBD products more individualistic and unique to the company looking to private label. Want to start your own CBD business with a trusted manufacturer? Seabedee can do that! Check out Seabedee’s Wholesale Page to get started on your private label CBD sales.
- QR Code: A QR code is a Quick Response code that is looks like a square-shaped barcode, and can sometimes be found on the packaging or box that a CBD product comes in. QR codes are scanned using the camera of a phone, which will pop up a link that directs you to a specific page or pdf. Seabedee uses QR codes on our product boxes for customers to scan and find the lab results of every batch of product that we make. Transparency is everything in the CBD industry, and QR codes are a great tool to achieving it.
- Report (from 3rd Party Lab): The third party lab report is necessary for CBD brands to have done on their products because these reports verify that the CBD and other cannabinoid content is the amount that it should be. These third party lab reports are conducted by credible laboratory to provide unbiased proof that you’re getting what you paid for. Seabedee always ensures that every batch of every product comes with third party lab tests results. Want to know more about CBD lab reports and how to read them? Check out Seabedee’s blog post, How To Read CBD Labels & CBD Lab Reports.
- Research Study: A research study is a scientific way of investigating the characteristics and effects of different variables to further understandings and draw conclusions from. CBD has recently become more prevalent in the research department, with many published studies evidencing its potential for treatment of health conditions like epilepsy, as well as several other health ailments and disorders.
Congratulations, you’ve managed to get through all the CBD terminology words beginning with letters K through R. Now it’s time to head the the third and final part of The ABC’s of CBD Glossary: Part 3 of Seabedee’s CBD Glossary. Part 3 will inform you of all the CBD terms beginning with letters S-Z. Click on the hyperlink above to be redirected to the last part of this CBD glossary, or copy and paste this permalink into your search bar: https://seabedee.org/cbd-glossary-par…nology-s-z-words/