The first time I decided to try a CBD topical for arthritis pain, I went to a local store that sells CBD near me. I asked the employee what items they had in stock that could help offer some relief for the arthritis pain I experience every day in my lower back.
This store didn’t stock Seabedee’s Muscle Joint and Relief Cream but did have a different CBD topical available – a CBD Cool Stick from Wildflower. I bought the stick and immediately started using it three times a day. I found that the CBD Cool Stick brought me relief from my joint pain and stiffness that I experience in my arthritic lower back. I was also able to do activities that my arthritis pain had previously made impossible, including doing household chores, chasing my kids around, and exercising.
But, in my opinion, Wildflower’s CBD Cool Stick has some drawbacks. And these negatives were significant enough to me that they made me want to search for something better. My main complaints about the Wildflower CBD topical product are:
- It’s greasy and doesn’t totally absorb into your skin. Instead, you’re left with a light layer of grease wherever you apply it, almost as if you had a very thin layer of Vaseline on the area where you need pain relief. To me, this just felt gross.
- The CBD Cool Stick applicator isn’t very well designed, in my opinion. You twist it to lift the cool stick up to get more access to the product (much like you do a stick of deodorant), but you can’t reverse twist it to lower its height. This means that if you accidentally twist the stick up too much when you put the cap back on it pushes the product to the sides of the closed applicators. As a result, it instantly collects anything it touches, like the strands of my thick, curly hair that I shed so easily or are often on my brush in my bathroom toiletries drawer. I found I was cleaning the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick applicator every day because it just kept getting so dirty.
- The smell is a little too strong for my preference and smells like a medical product. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not as strong as something like Bengay. But it definitely has a distinct smell that doesn’t agree with my nose.
My Decision to Try Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream as a CBD Topical for Arthritis
Since the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick was relieving my arthritis pain and stiffness, I knew that continuing to use a CBD topical was the right course of treatment for me. Because the store that sells CBD near me didn’t have any alternatives, I started searching online for a different CBD topical for arthritis pain to try. That’s when I discovered Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream and decided to give it a go.
The Reasons Why I Believe Seabedee is So Much Better Than Wildflower
Let me tell you, I absolutely LOVE Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream. It’s such a better alternative to the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick, in my opinion. Here are the things I love the most about the Seabedee topical for arthritis pain:
- It offers better pain relief than I was getting from the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick, with the same number of applications. I apply just one pump of the lotion – which gives you about a dime-sized amount of lotion – to my back three times a day and I feel great. This is probably because Seabedee’s product has 500mg of full spectrum CBD, while Wildflower’s only has 300mg of broad spectrum CBD. You can find out why full spectrum CBD is more preferable, especially for its “entourage effect” that makes it work better, here.
- It’s not greasy at all. Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream quickly and completely absorbs into my skin, so I don’t feel like I’ve got a layer of grease on my back all day long like I did when I was using the WIldflower product. Instead, it’s just as if I’ve applied a moisturizing lotion to my skin.
- The product’s packaging is well-designed. The lotion comes in a pump, not a bottle that you squeeze and may accidentally squeeze out too much lotion, thus wasting it. I also like that the nozzle of the pump slightly points down, so it’s easy to get my dime-sized pump of lotion in the palm of my hand.
- Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream feels and smells more like a spa product. It doesn’t have that strong smell that the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick had that made me feel like an old lady soothing my achy joints, but instead feels and smells like a luxury product.
- While it’s not available at the store that sells CBD near me, Seabedee has a monthly subscription option that also offers discounted pricing of their Muscle and Joint Relief Cream. Best of yet – its purchase price qualifies for free shipping. I don’t know about you, but as an Amazon Prime user who’s been spoiled by years by getting the products I need shipped to me for free, I hate paying for shipping fees.
- It’s more affordable and comes with more product. Seabedee’s Muscle and Joint Cream comes in a 3 oz bottle for a more affordable price than the Wildflower CBD Cool Stick that is 2.5 oz – even if you sign up for Wildflower’s subscription program and discount.
My Verdict: Seabedee Beats Wildflower
While I know I’m only one person, I’ve tried both CBD topicals for arthritis and to me, Seabedee’s Muscle Joint and Relief Cream is hands-down better than Wildflower’s CBD Cool Stick for the reasons I listed above. If you’ve tried both products too, I’d love to hear your opinions and which CBD topical for arthritis pain you prefer.