If you’re reading this, that means you’ve made it through Part 1 and Part 2 of The ABC’s of CBD, brought to you by Seabedee and are now ready to read up on the third and final part; Part 3. This third part of our CBD Glossary will tell you about all the essential CBD terms that begin with letters S-Z.
Did you accidentally skip Part 1 of The ABC’s of CBD, letters A-J? Or maybe you accidently jumped over Part 2 of The ABC’s of CBD, letters K-R. No worries, just click on the desired link from the previous sentence, and you’ll be redirected to on of the previous sections of the CBD glossary.
CBD Glossary Part 3: CBD Terminology, S-Z Words:
- Solvent Extraction: This extraction method uses a solvent (ethanol, hydrocarbons, natural solvents, etc.) to separate the CBD oil from the plant material. This is a less expensive way to extract CBD, however, it is not recommended due to the risks involved. The solvent extraction method is prone to leaving behind toxic solvent particles, which can contaminate the CBD product its used in; thus creating health risks such as cancer. To avoid this risk, other natural solvent methods are recommended, such as olive oil extraction (although the natural solvent methods tend to evaporate rather poorly).
- Sublingual: Sublingual CBD is a way of saying that the CBD oil is taken under the tongue. This is one of the most effective ways to administer CBD because it absorbs quickly and potently. Taking CBD sublingually allows for the CBD to maximize in your bloodstream levels after a half hour, and lasts 4-5 hours. Seabedee sells an array of sublingual CBD oil to be used for sleep, calming, pain and inflammation! Check out our selection of sublingual CBD today by clicking here.
- Terpenes: This group of organic compounds is well-renowned for its high content in cannabis. Terpenes put off aromas and flavors in plants, such as berry, mint, and pine. Aside from the sensory benefits, terpenes found in CBD oil work with CBD, THC and other cannabinoids to manifest the entourage effect, thus providing maximized health benefits.
- THC: Also known as Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC is the most recognized cannabinoid found in cannabis because it induces psychological and sensory effects. THC is what gets you “high”, and is found primarily in marijuana. Hemp-derived CBD must only contain 0.3% or less THC content in order to be considered legal.
- Topical CBD: Topical CBD is the word to describe CBD that is applied directly to the skin to be absorbed. Topical CBD can be any lotion, cream, skincare product or salve that is absorbed by means of applying it directly to the skin. Topicals such as Seabedee’s Muscle And Joint Relief Cream, target soreness and relieve inflammation, while CBD skincare products are used to maintain healthy skin and improve some skin conditions like acne, dermatitis and dryness.
- Tincture: A CBD tincture is the term used to describe the process of creating a CBD oil by means of solvent extraction, using alcohol as the solvent. CBD oil and CBD tincture are often used interchangeably, which is incorrect because a tincture always uses a liquid solvent to extract CBD while CBD oil may have been extracted using other methods such as CO2 extraction.
- Unregulated by the FDA: CBD is unfortunately unregulated by the FDA, which is why it is so important to make sure that you’re buying from a reputable company. Always ensure that the CBD product you’re looking to purchase has a C.O.A and third party lab tests results available, because the FDA isn’t checking for you.
- Vape/Vaporiser: CBD vape or vaporisers represent one method of CBD administration, which is done by smoking a battery-powered pen with a CBD cartridge attached. Inhalation of CBD through a vape will not get you high, and will deliver the therapeutic properties associated with CBD. Due to the combustion that occurs when vaping, some people prefer other methods of administration, however it is mostly a personal preference and imposes a fairly insignificant risk.
- Wholesale CBD: Wholesale CBD products are products that are sold by one specific company in bulk to retailers/companies looking to put that product on their shelves. Unlike white label and private label, wholesale has the original company’s name and labeling kept on it and is sold in other company/retailer stores. Because the CBD product is sold in bulk size, wholesale is offered at a substantially lower price than individual product purchases. Seabedee offers a range of our high-end products as wholesale, check out which ones on our Wholesale Page!
- White Label CBD: CBD white labeling is an effective way to start your own CBD business. A white label CBD product is a generic CBD product that is made by one company/manufacturer and sold to many other companies/retailers to rebrand and sell as their own product. The CBD manufacturer will offer a white label program, and multiple companies are able to utilize it and sell the same, generic product as if it were their own by labeling it as such. Want more information? Check out Seabedee’s blog post on How to Spot a Great White Label CBD Program to get additional information.
(**Full Disclosure: These last 3 letters we had to get a little creative with…)X:
- eXtraction: Extraction (no, the “X” is not really capitalized) of CBD is the process used to separate CBD from the hemp plant, as well as other cannabinoids and compounds if a CBD isolate is desired. There are several extraction methods, but CO2 extraction is known to be the best.
- Yoga & CBD: One of the recent trends we’ve seen in the health and wellness industry is practicing yoga with the inclusion of CBD. The relaxing effects of CBD pair excellently with the mind-body focus and tranquility experienced through yoga. This would be a great activity to try if you’re feeling tense or anxious!
- Your Immune System & CBD: Research suggests that CBD can influence your immune system in several ways, including prevention of rapid cellular growth, promotion of apoptosis, suppression of chemokine and cytokines, and CBD can ease the immune system’s inflammatory response. For people with autoimmune disorders or cancer, these effects could be groundbreaking. Furthermore, CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, making it an agent for your immune system.
- Zzz-Aid: CBD products are commonly used to help with sleeplessness. CBD, especially when combined with other cannabinoids and compounds found in hemp, induces calming effects that help users fall asleep and stay asleep more easily. Looking for a CBD sleep aid to try? Seabedee offers a Full Spectrum CBD Sleep Blend CBD Oil to help you get that well-deserved beauty sleep!
Yay You! If you’ve made it to this point, that means that you’re well informed of all the A-Z words associated with CBD! It’s Seabedee’s pleasure to be able to provide you with the knowledge you need to be an informed CBD user, as well as provide you with the Best CBD Products. Check out our online store to get your hands on some of our premium CBD products. We offer everything from Extra-Strength Full Spectrum CBD Oil to CBD Infused Peach Ring Gummies. We know you won’t be disappointed, so head to our online store today!